The Website is owned and managed by PowerLanguage Ltd., located at The Green House 41, St Bernard’s Crescent, Edinburgh EH4 1NR, Scotland, United Kingdom (“PowerLanguage”).
Our mission consists of creating and producing resources for the teaching of modern languages (French, Spanish, German, Chinese, English and Gaelic) in your school. We also create and provide resources dedicated to teachers, pupils and families (the “Services”).
Our teaching team consists of native speakers who are all experienced teachers, committed to promoting languages and culture throughout Europe and beyond.
You hereby grant to PowerLanguage a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, store, reproduce, distribute, modify, run, copy, communicate, publish, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistently with your privacy and application settings), without any compensation to you. This rights that you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of promoting and improving our Services.
Your Content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or PowerLanguage or a third party (in each case under any applicable law). You must not submit any content to the Website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
PowerLanguage has the right to edit or remove at its own discretion any material submitted to this Website, or stored on PowerLanguage’s servers, or hosted or published upon this Website.
Acceptable use of the Website
You must not use this Website in any way that causes, or may cause, damages to the Website or impair the availability or accessibility of the Website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, misleading, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
By way of example:
- you must not use this Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- you must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this Website without PowerLanguage’s express written consent;
- you must not use this Website to transmit or send unsolicited material and commercial communications;
- you must not use this Website for any purposes related to marketing without PowerLanguage’s express written consent;
- you can’t attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your Account or solicit, collect, or use login credentials or badges of other users;
- you can’t post private or confidential information or do anything that violates someone else’s rights, including intellectual property. To report content that you think infringes your rights, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not comply with these terms and we do not take action immediately, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
Who Has Rights Under this Agreement
This agreement governs the relationship between PowerLanguage and you, and does not give rights to any third parties.
You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent.
Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
We will use reasonable skill and care in providing access to the Website to you and in keeping a safe, secure, and error-free environment, but we cannot guarantee that the Website will always function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections.
The above does not exclude or limit our liability for death, personal injury, or fraudulent misrepresentation caused by our negligence. It also does not exclude or limit our liability for any other things where the law does not permit us to do so.
Nothing on this Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
The Data Policy
Providing our Services requires collecting and using your information. The Data Policy explains how we collect, use, and possibly share information. It also explains the many ways you can control your information.
In connection with your use of the Services, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages and other information. We may also send you newsletters and communications for marketing purposes. You may opt out of some of those communications.
Unless otherwise stated, PowerLanguage and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the Website and material on the Website and relating to the Services. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the Website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the Website and relating to the Services;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this Website or relating to the Services for commercial purposes;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the Website or relating to the Services.
If any aspect of this agreement is, or is found to be, unenforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify PowerLanguage and its affiliates, officers, agents and employees from any claim, action or proceedings arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, judgements, litigation costs and legal fees.
Amendments and waivers
Any amendment or waiver to our agreement must be in writing and signed by us. If we fail to enforce any aspect of this agreement, it will not be a waiver.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
How We Will Handle Disputes
If you need any help, please contact: email@example.com.